Our summer garden is not at it's best this year, BUT we have been getting lots of yellow sun gold tomatoes, a few medium-sized cherry tomatoes, and one roma. Everything else has been pretty minimal. Basil and thyme, a few pickling cucumbers, and a few japenese eggplants on the way.

It's plum season and our tree is in full force. Michael was at the farmer's market and found out that what we have are Elephant Heart plums-with deep red flesh and a good sweet/tart combo. I feel a plum torte coming on.


I'd love to plant more because we have the space but what do you plant at this point in the heat of summer? I think I have to wait for the fall planting. Instead, we have hung our laundry lines and they are sharing the gardening area since it's in full sun.
Maggie has transitioned to cloth diapers much of the time. I never thought I would be able to do it but with a little help, it was easy. I scored some great dipes from a couple knitting friends. A little laundering every few days and then a good dose of sun to wash those stains away!
So, I'm sorry garden, but a lot of our focus has been elsewhere this summer and for good reason-we are raising a very healthy kiddo. About 14 pounds and counting-no fertilizer, no water, not much sun...just lots of nursing, cuddling, sleeping, and giggling!

love it all. life is good. it's a nice feeling on your blog of gardens, babies, camping and the things that are good in the world (:
ReplyDeleteha ha, i know, i need to post something edgy now, huh?
ReplyDelete