October 1, 2009

Green halloween

This is an interesting idea. I have a lot of the same questions they list here. My mom would love this idea-she is a dental hygenist and always encouraged us to eat healthy growing up and pointed out how much sugar was in the sweets we ate and how that led to cavities down the road. Which, I ended up with and I'm baffled how hubby has not, even though it seems he eats as much or more sweets. That and braces are a sore spot with me :-) I always remember my mom saying that there were X number of tablespoons of sugar in a can of soda. Is it three? Her nutritional parenting definitely shaped how I eat today, but on Halloween, isn't that a day to splurge a little?

I enjoy holidays and Halloween is no exception. It's always been parties in the past, but this year, we have more to celebrate. We have plans to visit a wool mill on Halloween day, followed by some possible trick-or-treating that evening. Regardless, Maggie is going to be a banana. Should Michael and I dress like monkeys? Maggie has specifically requested that Eden come over and trick-or-treat with her. Last year as Michael and I left the house heading out to a party on Halloween, we drove through the masses of children just up the street and couldn't believe our eyes. Must be a hot spot.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you are killing me with that picture! She is ADORABLE!
    Bad news on the trick-or-treating...we just found out that Heather's Temple Sealing reception is at the Sitton's that night, so we will most likely be at that and then take Eden trick-or-treating there. Wanna come up there??? I'm using Dad's Radio Flyer to truck her around and it would be so fun to put little Maggalicious in with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly. We'll see how it goes. Might want to stay in our neighborhood and get her to bed on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it can tough to celebrate holidays the way you want. we dont do a super sugary halloween. it sets a standard for the girls and they dont know to expect otherwise.

    it works for us :)

    ReplyDelete