
1st camping trip of the season and 1st time for little Mags. She LOVED it. And we're pretty happy about that because what would we do if she didn't?


She cooed and talked while on walks around the campground, in her playpen looking up at the trees, and in the tent when we'd put her down for a nap.




Two other families near us brought their little ones too. Lots of people were suprised we were taking her at 4 months old but on the contrary, it was really easy since she doesn't crawl or walk yet. We just weren't
as mobile as we once were. I consider this trip a trial-run since we have a few more planned this summer and I came home with a list of things to pack next time to make it more fun/easier. Michael is thrilled about that. He already thinks I'm packing up the house :-)
Next time we head up to the mountains I think we're going to shoot for a site along the river that doesn't cost anything. We scoped out a few of these spots, including the one I camped at for years as a kid with my family, and had a good chat with a couple forest service employees about primitive camping. As we talked, they couldn't believe how much of a happy girl Maggie was. One of them commented that he loved her "bracelets" (a.k.a. chubby wrists) and that she was "ridiculously cute". A mom and dad always love hearing this stuff!
You left out the part about the mosquitoes. They wanted the prime little baby meat we brought. Maggie was a rock star though and toughed it out.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the dry-run went well! I am a big advocate of finding my own free camping near streams where no one else is present. With how packed the state campgrounds are you need reservations six months in advance. I don't think that far ahead for camping. Maggie looks as cute as always and there are some great pics in there too!
ReplyDelete