January 14, 2010

Gifts and bikes...huh?

My friend visited her hometown, Mexico City, during Christmas and came back with goodies for Maggie and I. This is one woman that is very in touch with who I am. It's handmade dark chocolate to make hot chocolate with and she got a cute little 12-mo tee for Maggie (too big-perfect for spring) with Spanish writing. Thank you Lourdes!

Which leads me to my next topic...her niece is coming to stay with her for the next 4 months starting next week. I know we have babysitters coming out of our ears, but regardless, I'm excited to see if she will want to watch Maggie while Michael and I get back out on the Auburn mountain biking trails.

Michael just traded one of his unused mountain bikes for a pretty nice full suspension bike, which in turn is replacing another cracked frame that he just tossed. He'd had that frame since he was a wee one, so it was a difficult let go. Now he's got the new bike all ready to go and in the process, he beefed up my bike with new parts and a little cleaning. All of this motivated him to sell another one of my bikes (my single speed) that I didn't plan on using anytime soon.
At one time we owned about 10 or 11 bikes together! It may seem like excess and I guess it was, but Michael and I really had a purpose for each and every one of them and it was our big hobby. Now we only have so much room and so much of that room includes kid stuff. I love shedding old stuff and moving onto the new.
Lastly, here is our cute little Magpie on her new Christmas toy/bike-thingy that will grow with her as she grows. More on this in another post. And that hand out - I think she wants to say hi or just connect with you. She does it with family and strangers. More on Maggie too in another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment